• Your life is ending one second at a time
  • :
  • :
Good Looking Loser Online Forum

Author Topic: Shaving vs. Patchy beard  (Read 192 times)

October 14, 2013, 11:06:39 PM on

BDF

If I shave, I look like I'm 17-18 (I'm 22) and it's hard to pull girls my age since I look so young. If I don't shave I look older, but my beard is patchy as hell. I don't know what to do. Should I just let it grow for a month or two and see how it looks? I'm trying to look edgy and shaving definitely takes it away since I look like a damn pretty boy.

October 15, 2013, 01:27:00 AMReply #1 on

MD

• View Profile
You're pretty young to grow a full beard.  For a lot of guys the beard doesn't properly fill in until they're older. 

Couple of things I learned at jeffsbeardboard.com...

1) growing a beard is usually a 2 - 3 month effort, not 2 - 3 weeks.
2) monoxidil helps.

Nothing wrong with looking pretty.  (Unless you're in prison)
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

October 15, 2013, 01:37:45 AMReply #2 on

BDF

You're pretty young to grow a full beard.  For a lot of guys the beard doesn't properly fill in until they're older. 

Couple of things I learned at jeffsbeardboard.com...

1) growing a beard is usually a 2 - 3 month effort, not 2 - 3 weeks.
2) monoxidil helps.

Nothing wrong with looking pretty.  (Unless you're in prison)

Yeah I honestly didn't have any facial hair until like 19. I'm gonna let it grow for a couple months and see how it ends up looking. My left side is good, but I have a couple areas on the right side that have no hair. Maybe it'll be covered up. While I agree with nothing wrong with looking pretty, for me it's more about I look like I'm in high school if I shave lol. I've had plenty of women thinking that I'm like 17-18 which I'm pretty sure is a turn off for them since a woman wants a man and not a little boy.

October 15, 2013, 04:03:50 AMReply #3 on

MD

• View Profile
I agree that manliness is attractive to women.   I'm at the other end of the spectrum - I'm trying to appear younger, so I say enjoy your youthful looks while you have em.   ;D

If its real important to you, keep in mind there are other ways to look more masculine if your beard isn't coming in.  Body, conversation style, clothing, vocal pitch, hair style, etc.  I have a buddy who is 25 and he carries himself like a guy with the confidence of a man is 38.  Its pretty impressive honestly.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Good Looking Loser Online Forum