• Your life is ending one second at a time
  • :
  • :
Good Looking Loser Online Forum

Author Topic: Scivation Xtend BCAA Flavor Reviews ( All Flavors)  (Read 2034 times)

January 30, 2013, 01:15:30 AM on

realpill

• View Profile
Whats up guys, its RealPill. I'm doing this review because I don't want you guys to go through what I went through and order a shitty flavor of Xtend. When I first heard Chris's recommendation for the BCAAs, I ran out and got the biggest fucking container of Xtend I could find ($55) in the Watermelon Madness flavor. Read a bunch of reviews saying how awesome the watermelon flavor was.........WRONG. Tasted like shit and I almost gave up on BCAAs (at least that brand).

After a little more research, I found out that Scivation completely changed up their formula in late 2011 and alot of the flavors that tasted great pre-2012, now taste like shit. I decided to take it upon myself to order the variety pack so I could see what was actually good before wasting any more money. Here's my review of the flavors. I wont go into the little details of each flavor, this is not the food network.

http://gll-getalife.com/GLL-BCAAs-Discount-Link
(Discount Code: MCEPH10)

Green Apple- Best flavor of all IMO. Nice sweetness, tastes like a treat more than a supplement.
Blue Raspberry- Good as hell, tastes like blue kool aid (no black jokes).
Grape- Also tastes good, just like a grape gatorade.
Lemon Lime- Tastes bad, too sour and a really bitter taste.
Orange Dream- Okay, but not worth buying. Bitter aftertaste.
Watermelon Madness- SHIT. Tastes bitter as hell. Possibly the worst flavor of the bunch.

So now that I know all of this I plan to just rotate the Green Apple, Blue Raspberry, and Grape flavors from now on. Keep this in mind when buying your BCAAs folks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:10:45 AM by Adminstrator »

January 30, 2013, 01:43:13 AMReply #1 on

05limited

• View Profile
Awesome review!!!!

I have the blue on the way and I have the watermelon and I actually like it. I made a double batch and slam it pretty much. I drink it with water and pure water in between.

January 30, 2013, 02:21:26 AMReply #2 on

Wilder95

• View Profile
Lol and you haven't even tried the fruit punch flavor. When i drink that shit at the gym, I gag. If I do cardio, I almost puke. It tastes fucking awful and sits in your stomach and the taste doesn't go away. Same with creatine fruit punch. Gross

January 30, 2013, 02:22:13 AMReply #3 on

PhilTheBeard

• View Profile
I actually really dig the watermelon xtend. Reminded me of Arizona watermelon juice. But good review on the flavors buddy!!!

January 30, 2013, 03:03:54 AMReply #4 on

realpill

• View Profile
To the people who like Watermelon Xtend, fuck you. You are the reason I spent my hard earned money on poison.

Just kidding  8). Lets keep the reviews coming. 

January 30, 2013, 03:30:02 AMReply #5 on

CuriousGeorge

• View Profile
blue rasberry tastes like the blue gatorade it's awesome.

January 30, 2013, 03:44:26 AMReply #6 on

brandon r

• View Profile
nice, i was under the assumption that watermelon was the best flavor lol. i dont mind it too much it tastes like jolly ranchers
"Just like anything in life... you play the numbers, & sooner or later you'll bump into one thats dtf... w/out a doubt!"- realest shit ive ever read (scotty)

February 08, 2013, 11:45:24 AMReply #7 on

Man_UP

• AKA "The Trawler"
    • View Profile
    • Whitetip SEO
Instead of creating a new post, I'll just ask here.

If you guys are doing the fat loss program, as on here:

http://gll-getalife.com/2012/10/30/fat-loss-diet-1/

How long does 1 bottle of BCAA powder last?  (I'm talking about for the 414g Bottle)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:48:56 AM by Man_UP »
For a man to achieve all that is expected of him, he must regard himself greater than he is.

Johann Wolfgang

"Carpe the fuck out of this shit!!"

Charlie Runkle - Californication

Lays = Who Gives a Shit

I've fucked a lot of women, please validate me...

February 08, 2013, 03:56:41 PMReply #8 on

T-Bone

• View Profile
I found a formula on another site for taking BCAAs.  Basically, you take your total body weight and subtract your fat weight.  For example, if you weigh 220 and have 20% body fat, your body fat weight is 44 lbs.  So you subtract 44 from 220.  220 - 44 = 176.  Then you divide the new number by 2.2.  176 / 2.2 = 80.  Then you take that number and multiply by .44, so 80 * .44 =  35.2  So you would need to take 35 grams of BCAAs for every workout, divided into thirds.  1/3 before, 1/3 during, and 1/3 after workout.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:44:12 AM by tbone75 »

February 08, 2013, 03:59:15 PMReply #9 on

tyummk

• View Profile
Whats up guys, its RealPill. I'm doing this review because I don't want you guys to go through what I went through and order a shitty flavor of Xtend. When I first heard Chris's recommendation for the BCAAs, I ran out and got the biggest fucking container of Xtend I could find ($55) in the Watermelon Madness flavor. Read a bunch of reviews saying how awesome the watermelon flavor was.........WRONG. Tasted like shit and I almost gave up on BCAAs (at least that brand).

After a little more research, I found out that Scivation completely changed up their formula in late 2011 and alot of the flavors that tasted great pre-2012, now taste like shit. I decided to take it upon myself to order the variety pack so I could see what was actually good before wasting any more money. Here's my review of the flavors. I wont go into the little details of each flavor, this is not the food network.

Green Apple- Best flavor of all IMO. Nice sweetness, tastes like a treat more than a supplement.
Blue Raspberry- Good as hell, tastes like blue kool aid (no black jokes).
Grape- Also tastes good, just like a grape gatorade.
Lemon Lime- Tastes bad, too sour and a really bitter taste.
Orange Dream- Okay, but not worth buying. Bitter aftertaste.
Watermelon Madness- SHIT. Tastes bitter as hell. Possibly the worst flavor of the bunch.

So now that I know all of this I plan to just rotate the Green Apple, Blue Rasperry, and Grape flavors from now on. Keep this in mind when buying your BCAAs folks.

A very informative review. Thanks!

February 08, 2013, 04:11:32 PMReply #10 on

Packie

• View Profile
I've only had the watermelon and I used to just get unflavored bcaa powder which is disgusting.  So I really like the watermelon. It's like a treat for me.
Don't stop until you die. -Baby Hulk

February 08, 2013, 04:38:01 PMReply #11 on

Number One Stag

• View Profile
I used to have the watermelon, now I got orange. i like the orange better its like a creamsicle

February 08, 2013, 04:43:43 PMReply #12 on

Boxxy

• SG and x30 addicted.
    • View Profile
I found a formula on another site for taking BCAAs.  Basically, you take your total body weight and subtract your fat weight.  For example, if you weigh 220 and have 20% body fat, your body fat weight is is 44 lbs.  So you subtract 44 from 220.  220 - 44 = 176.  Then you divide the new number by 2.2.  176 / 2.2 = 80.  Then you take that number and multiply by .44, so 80 * .44 =  35.2  So you would need to take 35 grams of BCAAs for every workout, divided into thirds.  1/3 before, 1/3 during, and 1/3 after workout.
How did you get 44 lbs?
Success is the continuous journey towards the achievement of specific predetermined, worthwhile goals -Chris

If you arent building something you are withering. -Victor Pride

February 08, 2013, 07:24:07 PMReply #13 on

brandon r

• View Profile
Instead of creating a new post, I'll just ask here.

If you guys are doing the fat loss program, as on here:

http://gll-getalife.com/2012/10/30/fat-loss-diet-1/

How long does 1 bottle of BCAA powder last?  (I'm talking about for the 414g Bottle)

Cheers!

i was taking 1 scoop day so that would equate to about 30 days but recently ive been taking 2 scoops a day, i havent counted how many days it took to finish a bottle but i feel like there are more than 30 scoops which is what the back says ha btw my bottle says 375grams
"Just like anything in life... you play the numbers, & sooner or later you'll bump into one thats dtf... w/out a doubt!"- realest shit ive ever read (scotty)

February 09, 2013, 12:25:49 AMReply #14 on

T-Bone

• View Profile
"How did you get 44 lbs?"

You take your total weight and subtract your fat weight.  If you weigh 220 lbs and have 20% body fat, then you have 44 lbs of fat.  220 * .2 = 44  You have to know your body fat percentage.  I use this: http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/
Once you know your bodyfat % just make the calculations.  BTW, when you multiply by .44 at the end, .44 is a fiixed interger and is not a function of 44.  This is just a coincidence.

Good Looking Loser Online Forum